Abstract Submission are now closed
Any enquiries related to Full Paper submission, please contact us email@example.com
Please be sure to use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browsers to submit your abstracts.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or discuss with a committee member if you have any queries.
The 45th New Zealand Geothermal Workshop invites submission of abstracts across the following themes:
- 01. Geothermal Geology
- 02. Geothermal Geochemistry
- 03. Geothermal Geophysics
- 04. Environmental Aspects
- 05. Geothermal Engineering – Reservoir Modelling
- 06. Geothermal Engineering – Production and Management
- 07. Geothermal Engineering – Drilling and Well Testing
- 08. Geothermal Engineering – Direct Use
- 09. Geothermal Engineering – Scaling and Corrosion
- 10. Social Impact / Community Engagement
- 11. Mātauranga-Māori
- 12. Other
Abstracts must be
- Submitted using the portal linked from this page
- Maximum of 300 words
- Include NO images, figures or tables
- Deadline is Sunday June 4 (New Zealand Time).
Abstracts will be reviewed by the programme committee and successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper.
Full papers must be submitted in MS Word format, online by 11.59pm, Friday 11th August, (New Zealand Time) using the paper template. Papers are limited to 8 pages in length. Your paper may not be considered if it does not conform to the template.
To upload your full paper, log back into the Submission Portal, ‘View/Edit’ your submission then follow the instructions on-screen. This will only be possible if your abstract has been accepted.
Full papers must:
- Uploaded in MS Word format (.doc or .docx)
- Conform to the template
- Maximum of 8 pages
Once full papers have been reviewed, authors will be advised by email whether their paper is:
- Accepted for inclusion in the programme
- Requires revision and further review before final acceptance can be made
- Declined for inclusion in the Workshop programme
Revised papers must be submitted via the Submission Portal by the date given on your notification email. Final review will be completed as quickly as possible and a final result given.
The presenting author of an accepted paper must have registered and paid to attend NZGW 2023 by 06 October in order to be included in the Workshop programme.
Publishing of papers
Full papers will be published in digital proceedings provided to all registered attendees and available online in the IGA database following conclusion of the Workshop. Abstracts will be included in the Workshop handbook given to attendees on arrival at this year’s workshop.
It is the authors responsibility to ensure that all data and images referenced or reproduced in their paper has all necessary rights and approvals authorised by any and all relevant bodies. The submitting author gives permission for their paper to be published in the proceedings. Copyright remains the property of the authors of each paper.
NZGW 2022 proceedings are available on the IGA database.